Many people are desperately searching for Absinthe and asking the question “Where can I order a bottle of Absinthe?”. Absinthe became legal in many EU countries in 1988 but did not become legal in the United States until 2007 and so may people have not had the opportunity to taste real Absinthe.
Know the places to order a bottle of Absinthe?
Here are some tips to help you in your search for the perfect quality Absinthe:-
– Educate yourself about Absinthe, what it is, its history, its ingredients. Visit websites such as lafeeverte.net and absinthebuyersguide.com to gather more information about Absinthe.
– Read product descriptions and product reviews to learn more about particular Absinthes. A lot of Absinthes like the Jade collection by Ted Breaux, La Boheme Absinthe Original, La Ptite Absinthe and Absinthe Clandestine, Absinthe Roquette 1797 are based on original genuine Absinthe recipes from the 18th century and 19th century. These Absinthes are also manufactured with the use of traditional methods and techniques. There are also many modern Absinthes on sale on the Internet, look for ones that have won awards or that have got good reviews.
– The Absinthe should have the wormwood content in it. One can also know about the thujone content of Absinthes on some websites. Wormwood (artemisia absinthium), is the basic ingredient in Absinthe which gives Absinthe it’s name and slight bitter taste. The USA and the EU gives authority to Absinthes containg up to 10mg/kg of thujone. Anise and fennel are the other basic ingredients. Wormwood bitters do not contain anise so they are not Absinthe. As the Czech Hill’s Absinthe is free from anise so it is also not a true Absinthe.
– One can get a large variety of Absinthe. Also consider clear Swiss La Bleue styles which are reminiscent of bootleg Absinthes which were distilled during prohibition. The red Absenta Serpis from Spain and Tabu Red from Germany are the eamples of different colored Absinthe.
– One must not ignore the alcohol by volume of Absinthes. One can get Absinthe having an abv between 50 and 75%. “Proof” is nearly two times of the abv.
– One will gather information either from the owner of a liquor store or from the Internet before buying a paticular Absinthe.
– Shop around to get the price and always take account of shipping costs.
– Educate yourself about The Ritual – the traditional way of preparing Absinthe.
With the help of Absinthe kits anyone can prepare their own wormwood Absinthe at home. Some of these kits are unable to produce a genuine Absinthe because they do not involve distillation but one can get Absinthe essences which are pre distilled to produce the real Absinthe. Such essences are available from a company called AbsintheKit (AbsintheKitcom) who supply these essences to the Absinthe industry. Anyone can prepare the drink by mixing the essences with Everclear or vodka. The commercial bottled Absinthe is very expensive than the Absinthe prepared from an essence!
A person will get enough essence to make 14 bottles of Absinthe, a plastic measure and 14 artistic bottle labels in the Absinthe kits available at AbsintheKit.com. These kits can be bought by paying $29. You can also buy replica Absinthe spoons and glasses from their website.
An individual should not only focus on “Where can I order a bottle of Absinthe”?”, A person can also try an Absinthe essence.